Welcome
Welcome to the Psychopath and Narcissist Survivors Support Group.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you only limited access to discussions and other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to reply to topics and post new topics, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

The Narcissist and Cyberstalking

Sam Vaknin is the author of "Malignant Self-love: Narcissism Revisited" and 8 other books about personality disorders and abuse in relationships with narcissists and psychopaths. He is the owner and moderator of support forums and the first person to have written about the Narcissistic Personality disorder (NPD) online (in 1997). He invented many of the terms currently used to describe the disorder and its effects on family, the workplace, and in various professions.

Where to go to ask Dr. Sam questions. This is intended as Questions to Dr. Vaknin and his responses

** Please do not post replies in this forum. This forum is for Dr. Vaknin ONLY to answer questions. Any general discussion posts WILL be deleted without warning.**

Moderators: WindSong, samvaknin

The Narcissist and Cyberstalking

Postby brd2trs » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:56 pm

What exactly does it take to get the courts in California to realize my ex is verbally abusive and harasses me? Are there case studies I can site?

I get up to 12 emails a day (not every day though) about what a terrible mother I am and he feels I neglect my children. I have made it clear it needs to stop and is unwelcome. My attorney has sent a formal letter stating one email a week is sufficient and text only when urgent (something involving custody within 24 hours). Yesterday, for example, I received 6 emails and 5 texts about a simple birthday invitation my daughter received during his custody which I passed along in an email.

I have already tried to get a restraining order when we first separated (he was entering my property without an invitation, not allowing me to close my door by blocking, not leaving when told to do so, and keeping my firearms after our separation). I wasn't aware then I could call the police and report him. My attorney refused to help saying it wasn't enough. I filed on my own. Sure enough, at the hearing the judge made it clear he was to stay away but denied the restraining order.

My attorney tells me it is really hard to get a restraining order for cyber-stalking and again won't help. I believe I should be able to get one showing cyber-stalking and domestic violence (verbal and emotional abuse). I would block him but it is the only way we communicate and I'm to respond to his emails within 48 hours per the courts. This is absolute insanity though!

Are there any case studies or successful ways you know of to deal with something like this?

Thank you!
brd2trs

Return to Ask Dr. Vaknin Forum - post for ONLY Dr. Vaknin to answer. NOT a general discussion forum